Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Our heritages

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Magdalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
    I burn like crazy too so I stay out of the sun when possible. [img]cool.gif[/img] My skin is very sensitive. How weird for a Greek.
    The good thing is we'll age more slowly Magdalen! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is weird for a greek, especially a full one haha [img]tongue.gif[/img] My mom remarried a greek guy and he can tan (he gets dark too). So not fair *sighs* English/Irish blood took over in me fah
    hahah yeah don't have a problem with the age thing [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] everyone thinks I am younger than I am.

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm mostly Scottish. On my dad's side, my five-greats grandfather came over from Ireland (but was Scottish) as an indentured servant. On my mom's side, a few brothers came over from Scotland and settled in the U.S. together. We have a bit of "extras" brought in by wives--like German ancestry.

    Our extended family has members who have African-American and Native American heritage.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #23
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dad's parents came over from Germany and Poland, and are Jewish. My mom's side of the family is English, Scottish, and Swiss.

    So I'm a mix.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let's see just how enthnically diverse our little group is. [img]smile.gif[/img] What's your heritage?

    I'm Eastern European Jewish, descending from both Poland and Russia. On my dad's mother's side, I'm only 2nd generation American. My grandmother came to American from Russia as a teen during the late 20s.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am German, Italian and Dutch. But basically, I'm just your run-of-the-mill, fair skinned, freckled, blue eyed, colors-her-prematurely-grey-hair WV Girl who cries when she hears The Star Spangled Banner or Country Roads!

    My husband was adopted. His dad is Russian and some other stuff, and his mom was Polish and some other stuff. His genetic ancestry is mostly English & Native American (1/4 Potawatomi & at least 1/8 Cherokee). He fancies himself to be Scottish & Native American. Here's a picture.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am
    1/4 Japanese
    1/4 French
    1/8 Irish
    1/8 German
    1/8 English
    1/16 Cheyenne Indian
    1/16 Cherokee Indian

    The French is from my Dad's side as is the Cherokee and English.
    The Japanese is from my Mom's side as is the Irish and German and Cheyenne.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Tinuviel_156's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that i'm almost 1/2 German, then the rest is Norwegian, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, and English. And of course, some American. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Greta

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 50% Hungarian, and 25% Greek, and the rest is German, French, and Italian.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am:
    1/4 Irish
    1/4 Jewish
    1/4 Russian
    1/4 Norwegian

  10. #30
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am Scotch/Irish (coming in the 1730's)with one Cherokee thrown in in 1780. My DH is half German and half English (as in came to New England from England in 1620, etc.) My children look just like their father's side which is very good looking! How they ended up in the South is amazing to me, but I am awfully glad they did. Chicago is sooooooo cold!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •